Sunday, August 17, 2014

Adventures in Decorating - week 10

Jim has been painting for the last couple of weeks, and we are having issues with colors. We finally figured out that the paint samples that we got from the store are not the same colors as the actual paint. As a result, we have an aqua color that's brighter than I thought it would be, and a tan that's yellower than I thought it would be.

Jim and I made an appointment with the paint designer at Dunn-Edwards on Thursday. We decided to keep the aqua. I think it won't be so bad once we get some pics up on the walls. The tan has got to go. It is waaay off from the color we thought it should be. Dunn-Edwards gave us store credit for the tan, and we picked out a new color... but Jim is still going to have to repaint the living room.

On Friday, he repainted the window wall because the window treatments were being installed on Saturday. Here is the kitchen before and after:

BEFORE:


AFTER:


I've wanted grass shades in the kitchen since we had the kitchen redone almost 4 years ago. I think it's looks FABULOUS!

I'm going to wait until the curtains come before sharing pics of the living room. We actually thought that the shades and curtains were being installed, but alas it was only the shades. This is exciting though, because it's our first Ethan Allen purchase to arrive in our home!

After Jim finishes painting this week, he's going to arrange for the dining room table and chairs to be delivered! ... Maybe by this weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it is Week 10! It seems like just yesterday that you started this entire process. It is very exciting that it is finally all coming together. I am looking forward to seeing your living room. Your kitchen does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete