Thursday, March 10, 2011

Here to Hawaii in 15 days!

My mom and my aunt should be Kauai by now, visiting my grandma for two weeks. I was going to do a simple little post about Kauai and how far away it way. To figure out how far it was, I went to maps.google.com and typed in: Los Angeles to Kauai... no luck. Then I tried Los Angeles to Honolulu, and this is what I got:

Driving directions to Honolulu, HI
15 days 1 hour
I-5 N 3,939 mi

This route may have road closures.
depart: Los Angeles, CA

1. Head northwest on W 1st St toward S Spring St
0.1 mi
2. Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto N Broadway
0.4 mi
3. Turn right to merge onto US-101 N toward I-110 N
10.4 mi
4. Slight left at CA-170 N/Hollywood Fwy (signs for Sacramento)
6.0 mi
5. Take exit 11B on the left to merge onto I-5 N toward Sacramento
1,117 mi

Passing through Oregon
Entering Washington

6. Take exit 164B for Edgar Martinez Drive South
0.7 mi
7. Turn right at Edgar Martinez Dr S
0.2 mi
8. Take the 1st right onto 1st Ave S
0.3 mi
9. Slight right onto the Washington 99 N ramp to Aurora Avenue N
This road is closed until Apr 1
0.2 mi
10. Merge onto WA-99
4.0 mi
11. Slight right at Bridge Way N
0.3 mi
12. Turn right at Stone Way N
0.4 mi
13. Slight left at N Northlake Way
0.2 mi
14. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean
2,756 mi

Entering Hawaii

15. Continue straight
0.1 mi

arrive: Honolulu, HI


Aren't these the craziest directions? Why should I go drive all the way to Washington to rent a Kayak? It would be so much faster if I rented the Kayak in San Pedro! Hahaha!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Why rent a kayak? You could just swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um to come VISIT me while in WA. that is why silly! :)
    Hope they have a FABULOUS time on their trip! WISHING I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete