Monday, August 3, 2009

Brush Abilities - Day 1

The brushes class started today! YAHOO!!! There was so much free brushes to download today that I'm just getting around to doing the lesson now. I even learned how to use a couple new tools like (Edit->Stroke and Edit->Fill Layer).

The first half of the lesson left us off with a stamped butterfly with offset outline.

The second part of the lesson added more butterflies and patterned paper.

So, that was our lesson for the day using a butterfly brush and one piece of digital patterned paper.

The class is two weeks long, so I'll have more tomorrow! Thanks for checking in!

NOTE: Create the outline.
Create and select a new layer. Control-Click on image to select (or draw a selction rectangle). Menu Edit - stroke outline selection. Set width to 5px

To change color of the outline. Menu edit - fill layer, check box preserve transparency.

Stamping - click on brush and play with menu items

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be so good at Photoshop! I am jealous! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH Joni... I LOVE the look of this.. I am sooo taking some classes when the kiddos go back to school! I LOVE everything you have shared with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete