Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekly Sports Update

It was 113F yesterday... today was cooler, 97F! It's supposed to be lots cooler by this weekend. Thank Goodness! I went running today. It was so HOT, that I had trouble making it back. It's been a long time since I've run on such a hot day. Yep, I run at work! I only have an hour, so I can't get the long runs in that I have been, but it's better than nothing. There are some great trails behind my building! Here's the satellite view:

There are lockers and showers at work too! Following the trail NE, takes me into Whiting Ranch (yes, that's where the mountain lions eat people)... I haven't been that way yet. I usually follow it SW. It's 6 miles round trip, and I only have to go out to the street once!

Cheryl didn't play at all this week. She missed her Bob game because her lab ran late last Tuesday. She won her game on Saturday by forfeit (sorry Papa...). She was so sure that she was going to score at least three goals that game too! She was supposed to play with Bob tonight, but she turned her ankle again... stepping of the curb. It's still swollen today, but not as sore. It's still better to give it a rest so that she can play again this weekend.

I couldn't get off work early enough to see Chris run the mile. Apparently he was amazing! He ran the first half mile with the varsity. He said he felt great and that he thought that he could keep that pace up for the whole race. He lost concentration when he realized he was running in the front pack. He started wondering, "What am I doing up here?"... then he lost it, and he did what we call, "hit a wall" (which is when you can't run anymore and want to stop). I got there in time to see him run the 2 mile. He did pretty bad (he got lapped by the varsity runners). He said he was too tired from running the mile.

After Chris had an almost amazing time in the mile, he's gotten serious about practicing again. He completely wore himself out at track practice on Saturday morning, and didn't have much energy left for his soccer game. He only played about 20 minutes of the game, but he played as hard as he could. His team lost 1-3, but the other team didn't score when Chris was playing!

Sports this week:

Chris
THURS - Track Meet
SUN - Soccer 4:10pm World Cup

Cheryl
TUES - Soccer (Bob) 8:30pm at Bonita
SAT - Soccer 1:25pm Melinda Park

2 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT action shot of Chris! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT photo Joni!! and WOWY 113.. yikes.. I would melt! LOL!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete