Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekly Sports Report

I'll start with Chris this week (since I don't have any photos of the poor guy). Chris has been sick all week with lots of congestion. He didn't run in the track meet on Thursday and didn't play in the soccer game on Saturday. He played a little today, but I wasn't there to take photos. His team lost on Saturday 0-1 and tied Sunday 2-2. There was another red card today when a boy on the other team raised fists to a boy on Chris's team... Soccer is getting dangerous!

Cheryl missed her game Tuesday night because of mid-terms. Team Bob won 3-0, after a player on the other team was red carded for dangerous play. Saturday, Cheryl's team could only field 10 players, against 11 on the other team. They tied 3-3, and Cheryl scored with a long ball from outside the 18yd line.

Today, the girls were bushed from yesterday. Cheryl shot 2 balls off frame and one straight to the keeper. They ended up losing 0-1.

Galaxy played terrible this weekend! Colorado scored in the first 15 seconds of the game! A Galaxy player got red carded for dangerous play, and Galaxy ended up losing 2-3. BUT they have a chance to play Colorado again on Tuesday night... with a better outcome, I hope...

Next week's sports schedule:

Chris:
NO SPORTS

Cheryl:
WED - soccer at 7:00PM (Bonita Park)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a slow week for sports. I sure hope Chris gets to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni... I WISH I had known you were so close.. next trip to Cali I will be sure it isnt a surprise so I can plan things! LOL! No we didnt go to the flower fields.. :( I wish I had known! LOL!! :)
    Hope Chris is feeling better!
    Good luck to Cheryl on her game this week!!
    Have a GREAT Day!

    ReplyDelete