Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Storm in Southern CA

We got our first serious winter storm this week. Here is a pre-storm photo across the lake. You can see all the black clouds rolling in over Saddleback. It was cold here this week, with lows around 40F. With a cold storm like that I'd expect Saddleback to be completely covered with snow.

Yes, it does snow in California! My friend Mary is an elementary school science teacher in Ohio. Her kids were so surprised to find out it snowed in CA! LOL! Cheryl and I went running around the lake and stopped to take some photos. It was beautiful. A lot of people were out today, taking photos, running, walking their dogs, and pushing strollers. I wonder how many people hiding out at the malls missed this...


4 comments:

  1. Does the snow get deep on the mountains or just cover the tops of them up? Will the snow say all winter? I am sure my kids will want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those photos are gorgeous. The hills around here are pretty white as well. This weekend was so pretty, clear and crisp. I love the calm after a storm!!

    But today it's raining again. Bundle up when you are running!!! Get some running pants, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...we lived in 29 palms for a about 1-1/2 years...where temps during the summer stayed well above 110 degrees...imagine my surprise to wake up one march morning in a blizzard! totally shocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joni~ Your photos ARE BEAUTIFUL!! WOWY!!! Snow in Cali,.. want some more! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete