Thursday, September 27, 2007

So sad...

My son's cross country meet yesterday was traumatic. A girl died.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-me-deadrunner28sep28,1,3560875.story?track=rss

She's the same age as my son, and ran the race right after his. He said that she was throwing up blood and died before the ambulance took her to the hospital. I'm talking to my son (what would you say to your child if he just saw someone die?), and the coaches are talking to the team. He seems to be dealing with it okay. It's a terrible thing to have happened. I can't imagine how much pain her family, her coaches, and her teammates are going through right now...
It's a scary thought to think that one of your family memebers may leave the house on a typical morning, and not return home. I just got this image in an email from my dad. It makes me want to hold my family in a hug and not let them go:

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss of a young person. It is terrible on the family. My best friends daughter was killed in a car accident at 13 yrs old. And they have struggled. Please visit my website and copy and paste the waterbug poem for them. It may be of some comfort.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that is www.totaldelights.com
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just terrible. My heart goes out to the family. That would be very difficult to deal with. How sad.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..that's terrible..you just never know.

    ReplyDelete