Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Book Review - Beauty

I'm a big fan of fairy tale retellings. I loved Ella Enchanted. Ella Enchanted is one of my daughter's favorite books; which is saying alot, since my daughter is so not a reader. I picked up this book expecting a fun light-hearted retelling of Snow White. But, what I got was a creepy book... a very disturbing little man, imprisoned/poisoned girls, lots of thowing up, and a princess who is going to rule a kingdom some day (even though she's so stupid!). I hate books about girls being stupid and living happily every after! I think it sets a bad role model for girls today... and where are the seven dwarfs? (LOL!) I recommend you give this book a miss.

1 comment:

  1. JONI... I just noticed in your signature that you had a BLOG!! ;) WHOOO HOOO... I still have to update mine... but I love yours. Who is teaching the Summer of Moments class on 2SCD? Thanks for sharing your blog!! I love it and will visit it regularly!!

    ReplyDelete