Monday, May 28, 2007

My First June Kit Layout

I finally finished my first Design Team layout using the June kit from 2SCD. I had to go back quite a few years for this photo! I turned it black and white but left the pillow (the topic of this layout) and my daughter's scrunchy colored. I created the flower transparency doodling with blue acrylic paint on a flower pattern. Everything else is from the June kit except for the blue Bazzill bloom and the black fabric ric-rac.

This pillow was given to my daughter as a baby with a stuffed bear. She discarded the bear, and the pillow became her "Special." She lost pillow on a 6th grade overnight field trip to Catalina Island (that's one of the Channel Islands off the coast of California). If anyone has ever had a child lose a "special," you know what we went through!

2 comments:

  1. Joni,
    I love that layout! It is one of my favorites that you have ever done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cool LO! It's AWESOME!! I hate it that she lost her "special." Oh my. I don't know what would happen around here if that happened.

    ReplyDelete